Welcome

Welcome to my blog - Come on back real soon!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thing 6 - Screencasting

I took a look at a few web sites about screencasting and the one linked here is CamStudio.
http://camstudio.org/  I've never used it but it's free and this article makes it sound pretty simple so I should give it a try.
I have some experience with  Captivate and have a demo on using the Children's Literature Comprehensive Database to find James and the Giant Peach.  It's a first attempt so much improvement is needed - believe me.  How could we use a screencast in addition to what we're already doing?  I'm going to steal an idea from my son, the librarian (& soon to be new daddy :)).  He uses Jing when answering chat questions.  It's a really quick and easy way to help visual learners find the resources when the questions get complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment